4 August 2020
We'd like to start by saying thank you. We appreciate that this year has been incredibly challenging for everyone, especially those of us who have children in the early learning and school systems, so thank you for your continued support.
Working with Restrictions
We are based in Melbourne, which at the moment means our business and the way we can operate is changing. eduThreads is an online retailer so for now we are able to continue processing orders. In line with government changes we are not able to have all of our team onsite working. This means that orders could take a little longer to get to you. We are doing everything we can to minimise any impact to our customers, but the unfortunate reality is that there will be some delays. Australia Post is also experiencing delays and their parcel tracking notification is helping families plan and anticipate the arrival of online orders.
As always, our highest priority is the health and safety of our team and the communities we work with. We are continually evaluating our response to COVID-19 to ensure we are being proactive and doing the best we can.
Our current measures include:
- Working with our suppliers and delivery partners to ensure the safe handling of stock and parcels between our warehouses and delivery to your family
- Ensuring our offices are well stocked with hand sanitisers and disinfectants and encouraging all staff and stakeholders to use them frequently, especially when handling stock,
- Mandatory use of facemasks and gloves when processing orders,
- Continued suspension all visits to schools and kindergarten communities,
- Implementing social distancing within our offices by having a rotating roster of who can be in our offices at any given time, with most staff working from home. The staff who can be onsite will be limited to those who it is absolutely necessary to complete and dispatch orders.
We are monitoring the changing situation daily with the updates from our government, aware that more changes to operating may be coming. As these occur we will send out updates for any that affect our service or could impact the way in which our schools or their communities buy uniforms.
With everyone working remotely our office phone number has been redirected to our team's mobiles. As usual, we are always available via our socials: Facebook, Messenger and Instagram, and through email firstname.lastname@example.org
For urgent enquiries, you can call Kristy on 0497 692 195 or Justin on 0402 653 373.
Stay safe everyone.